“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More showers: We could see some more rain today, with a slight chance of showers after noon and into the evening, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 58 degrees and the low will be around 36. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
2. CPC hearing: The Needham Community Preservation Committee (CPC) will hold tonight at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the project proposals currently under review by the committee. The hearing will be held in the Highland Room on the lower level of . Those projects that receive the CPC’s final recommendation for funding from the Needham Community Preservation Fund will be presented to Town Meeting in May.
3. Irish Music Guy: Musician Kevin Farley, known by many as the “Irish Music Guy,” will perform at , 110 West St. today at 2 p.m. Refreshments will be served. Call 781-455-7555 to sign up.
4. Knitting group: The MetroWest Knitting Guild meets on the second Wednesday of the month at the at 6:45 p.m. All levels of knitters are welcome. There are annual dues of $20 per knitter to help defray costs.
5. Spring sports info: All spring athletes and their parents must complete one of two required online concussion education courses before the start of the spring season on Monday, March 19. Click below to link to each of the courses:
- National Federation of High Schools—"Concussion in Sports: What You Need to Know"
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention—“Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports”
In addition, all spring athletes must complete and submit the newly state-mandated Pre-Participation Concussion Reporting Form before being eligible to participate (available as a PDF at right or for pick-up from the NHS Athletic Office). to see other spring sports deadlines and information.