“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mix of clouds and sun: The day will be mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a low around 67, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Last day of school! School is out for the summer after today for all students in Needham Public Schools. Looking for things to do this summer? Check out the Patch Calendar for ideas and see our for weekend activities. And later today, look for local required reading lists for all ages in our 2012 Summer Reading Guide.
3. School Committee: The Needham School Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. at . The meeting will begin with an executive session, which is closed to the public, with regular business to begin at around 7 p.m. See the agenda as a PDF at right.
4. Farm help: The invites the community to join them for fun and learning all summer long. the Pine Street site any Tuesday between 6 and 8 p.m. with the kids, friends and neighbors and help with farm chores. Also, check out the website, needhamfarm.org, throughout the summer for other volunteer opportunities and class offerings for children and adults.
5. Rotary Club collection: Needham Rotary Club is collecting used crutches, canes, collapsible wheelchairs and walkers for the , a Rotary-sponsored project through Rotary International. The items will be sent to Africa, where they will be given to people who have been affected by illness or accident and give them the opportunity for mobility again, a basic human right that raises their self-esteem. To arrange a drop-off, call Karen at 781-444-8161 or bring items to the Rotary Club booth at the on Saturday, June 23.