“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly cloudy: Today will be mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a low around 55, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Storytime: Bring the kids to the for storytime at 10:30 a.m. is geared to ages 5 and under, no registration required. And remember: The library from Saturday, June 30 through Monday, July 9 while replacement flooring is installed on two floors in the building.
3. Health clinic: The Needham Public Health Department offers a free health clinic every week on Monday through Thursday from 8:00-9:30 a.m. at its office on the second floor of . Clinics may include blood pressure screening, immunizations, answers to medical questions, review of medications, counseling and referrals. For more information, call the office at 781-455-7523.
4. Job searching? The Transitions center at the is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with to job searchers. Find free access to a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Summer reading clubs: This year’s Needham Free Public Library theme is “Dream Big—READ!” The program runs through Aug. 25; the last day to register is July 21. There are two clubs—Read to Me (ages 3-6) and Independent Readers (grades K-6). Kids can sign up at in the children's department or register and maintain their reading log online at readsinma.org/needham. Both Read to Me and Independent Reader participants will receive a small prize for every two hours recorded on their reading log.