“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Weekend forecast: The week will end on a bright note, with sunny skies and a high near 72 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening low will be around 51. The forecast is similar for the weekend, with sunshine and highs near 72 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday. Looking for a great way to spend the weekend? Check out for ideas.
2. Teen benefit concert: Beginning tonight and continuing Saturday and Sunday, 36 teen bands from the Needham-based Teen Band Program will be performing at "Musically Minded," a concert to benefit brain tumor research at Mass General Hospital. Twelve different bands will be performing on each night. The concert will be held in the . Times are 6:30-11 p.m. today and Saturday and 4:30-9 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets will be sold at the door and cost $5 for students, $10 for seniors, $20 for adults (cash, check or charge).
3. Street Fair deadline. The Needham Business Association Street Fair has been rescheduled to Saturday, June 23, on the , from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Businesses and organizations should let the NBA know by today whether they can make the rain date. Those who were not able to participate on the original date and want to be part of the event should also call the NBA office by today at 781-444-7980.
4. Summer band sign-ups: Today is the registration deadline for either of summer programs—an for musicians 18-22 years old and for kids ages 8-17. For more information or to sign up, visit www.pluggedinband.org, e-mail email@example.com or call 781-956-4281.
5. Bloggers wanted: Needham Patch is looking for more Local Voices to contribute to our site. You can write on any topic—community activities, history, gardening, cooking, parenting, politics, fitness, finance … The list goes on. Learn more about Local Voices , and send an e-mail to Becca.Manning@patch.com if you’re interested in joining us.