“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny and clear with a high near 72 degrees and a low around 59, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Town meetings: The Needham Board of Selectmen at 7 p.m. at . On the agenda is a review of the town’s energy efficiency upgrade study, among other items. See the full agenda as a PDF at right. Also today, the Planning Board at 7 p.m. at the .
3. Swimming lessons: Registration at 8:30 a.m. for Session 1 or 2 of swimming lessons at . All Needham residents are eligible to register online at needhamma.gov/parkandrecreation or in person at the Park and Recreation Office at the Public Services Administration Building. Non-residents may register beginning June 13. Registration closes on June 26 for Session 1 and July 10 for Session 2. Cost is $30 with a pool badge and $60 without a badge. Learn more on the department website.
4. Networking opportunity: The Newton Needham Young Professional Association will from 5:30-7 p.m. at in Needham. The event is free to members and $10 for non-members. Appetizers are included. For information, call 617-244-5300.
5. Fittest Family: in Needham (ideally with two adults and two to four children over the age of 14) to participate in their six-month Fittest Family program. The event will pit one family from Needham against one from Wellesley as they receive free fitness training and nutritional advice from the Vo2Max Fitness staff, with the goal of improving their overall health and fitness levels. To sign up, go online to vo2maxfitness.org and fill out the simple application form by June 25.