“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny, with patchy fog before 7 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 88 degrees and the low will be around 67.
2. Shopping day: The Thrift Shop is open every Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Stop by to find deals on “new to you” clothing and small household items. Customers should use the entrance to the left side of the building. Donations are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Individuals should use the doorway to the right side of the building to drop off donations.
3. Pool time: End the week by cooling off at , which is open today from 12:30-7:45 p.m. Daily admission is $6 per person for Needham residents ($3 after 6 p.m.) or $8 for non-residents ($4 after 6 p.m.), with a half-price rate for seniors. Season passes .
4. Friday Flick: Drop by the at 1 p.m. for a free showing of the 1968 film "The Yellow Submarine." Looking for more to do? Check out the latest list of activities at the Senior Center, posted every Saturday afternoon on Needham Patch.
5. Free Y memberships: Now through Sept. 8, the YMCA of Greater Boston is offering to teens ages 13 to 17 at all of its 13 branches, including the in Needham. Teens can visit any YMCA of Greater Boston branch to enroll with a valid state or student ID or with a parent present.