“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny with a high near 86 degrees and a low around 62, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Zumba begins: Zumba for seniors begins today at 10 a.m. at . Sponsored by the , the class features “Latin-inspired music as you pump your legs, swing your hips, clap your hands—and achieve a blended balance of cardio-and muscle-toning benefits in the process.” Cost is $20 for five sessions, running on Thursdays, July 5, 12, 19, 26 and Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. Fee is due at the first class. Call 781-455-7555 for information.
3. Talk about it! Join other Needham residents in talking about what interests you via a blog on Needham Patch. “Grammar Goddess” Rose Doherty —she will be answering all your grammar questions, such as when to use “its” or “it’s.” Other bloggers write about , , and . Write about almost anything, as much or little as you want, as often as you like! Read for more information or just click here to get started. Questions? E-mail email@example.com.
4. Summer concerts coming: Needham Park and Recreation’s Arts in the Park begins one week from today, with a performance by the The Tom Nutile Big Band at 7 p.m. at the gazebo. Check out . All concerts in this summer series are free and open to the community.
5. Business buddies: The Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce is launching a new networking program for business professionals who are in career transition or seeking new job opportunities. The will meet weekly at the chamber’s office at 281 Needham St. in Newton. Participation is free, and membership in the chamber is not required. To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.