“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Chance of rain: Showers are possible between 2 and 5 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly sunny with a high near 87 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance for more showers and thunderstorms in the evening, mainly between 9 and 11 p.m. The low will be around 58.
2. Job searching? The Transitions Center at the is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon, with to job searchers. Drop by to access a computer, office equipment and employment tools, do research or network with others. For more information, call 781-444-3728 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Bridge games: Duplicate , lasting two or three hours, are played every Monday at 7:15 p.m. at . The cost is $6 per session. For more information, call 781-444-8522.
4. Senior exercise classes: Several senior exercise classes start today at the , including Tai Chi, Senior Strength, Yoga and Line Dancing, while Arthritis Exercise and Zumba classes are set to start soon. See details in Needham Patch’s or call 781-455-7555 for information about any of these classes. Class fees ranges from $16-$20 and should be paid at the first class.
5. Just a reminder: The is closed today and will while flooring is being replaced. Looking to escape the day’s heat or pick up a summer read while the library is closed? Visit one of the other area libraries that are part of the Minuteman Library Network, such as , , , or .