“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly sunny: After yesterday’s wet and wild weather, we’ll have a mostly sunny Thursday, with a high near 85 degrees and a low around 58, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy.
2. Fun for the kids: Bring your young ones to the today at 11 a.m. for —short, storybook films. The program is free and open to all.
3. Arts in the Park: Needham Park and Recreation’s concert series will continue tonight with a performance by , a tribute band that plays music from the Woodstock era including artists such as the Beatles, Jefferson Airplane and Jimi Hendrix. The free concert will be held from 7-8:30 p.m. at the gazebo.
4. The story of Needham: The documentary film, “Big Little Town: The Story of Needham,” on WGBH tonight at 10 p.m. The film, which is available for purchase at the , tells the story of Needham from its establishment in 1630 up through modern times. The film will air again from July 20-22 (see the full schedule ).
5. Locals on stage: Several Needham youth will be featured on stage this summer during Weston Drama Workshop’s . Two of these shows will start tonight at Regis College Fine Arts Center, 235 Wellesley St., Weston. The play, “The Illusion,” will begin at 7 p.m., followed by the musical, “Les Misérables: School Edition,” at 8 p.m. For other shows and show times, .