“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a high near 87 and a low around 59, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be clear with a light wind.
2. Arts in the Park: Needham Park and Recreation’s Arts in the Park concert series opens tonight with a performance by The Tom Nutile Big Band. These free concerts are held on Thursdays through August from 7-8:30 p.m. at the gazebo at . Find the full summer schedule .
3. Lunch and Learn: The will host a Lunch and Learn Lecture today at 11 a.m. at the . "Aging with Attitude" will explore factors that contribute to ongoing health and vitality, including how to prevent falls, stay safe with medications, create and maintain vitality and purpose and share life’s lessons. This program will be presented by Linda Smith, RN, CMC principal of Metrowest Eldercare Management. The program is free, but sign-up is required. Call 781-455-7555 to reserve a spot.
4. Cool off: Beat the heat with a visit to , which is open daily from 12:30-7:45 p.m. Daily admission is $6 per person for Needham residents ($3 after 6 p.m.) or $8 for non-residents ($4 after 6 p.m.), with a half-price rate for seniors. Season passes .
5. Chat with Elizabeth Warren: U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren will engage in a live chat with Patch readers on Friday, July 13 between 1:15 and 2 p.m. Got a question for Warren? Ask it now or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org—then check back with Needham Patch on Friday to see what she has to say.