1. Hope you don't mind a wintry mix, because there's about a 20 percent chance of one today. The National Weather Service says you can expect snow showers and sleet before 8 a.m. then sleet and freezing rain until 10 a.m., followed by patchy fog and cloudy with a high of 34ºF. The evening, they expect a 40 percent chance of showers and a low of 34ºF.
2. While you may well be aware of the Announcements page, you may not be aware of the Death Notices section. If you know someone who has recently lost a loved one, and is planning notices, we have a section where families can post them for free. Go to the Announcements section to get started.
3. If you have estate planning to do, then there is a simple course to make it happen. Head to Boston Legacy Planning for Estate Planning 101: Rules for Effective Estate Planning. It's free, starts at 6 p.m. and is at 160 Gould St Ste 102 in Needham.
4. New Year's resolutions are notoriously hard to keep, but you can get some help at the Healthy Habits Kitchen in Wellesley. Their $29 course entitled kicks off at 7 p.m.
5. For anyone who may need some help Understanding the Teenage Brain, here's a tip: head to 416 Pond St at Jamaica Plain at 7 p.m. for a presentation on just that, as British School of Bostn will welcome Neuroscientist and Author of "Teen Brain Teen Mind," Ron Clavier.