“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Snow and rain: Expect snow showers before 11 a.m., then a slight chance of rain showers between 11 and noon. The rest of the day will be cloudy with temperatures peaking around 43 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening low will be around 36 degrees.
2. More “Yellow Dress”: If you missed the recent production of “The Yellow Dress” at , there’s to see this important play that highlights the issues of dating violence. Tonight at 7 p.m., Deana’s Educational Theater will present the play in the Milas Hall Auditorium at the . The performance is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided.
3. Rotary Club lunch: Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join the . The club holds weekly lunches every Tuesday at noon at the . The gatherings are free to anyone interested in learning more about the club and its membership.
4. Learn the fox trot: The Needham will offer a new dancing class on Tuesdays beginning Feb. 7 at 2 p.m. The cost is $16 for four weeks. The class will be led by instructor Betty Hood and will be held at the on Chestnut Street. To sign up, call 781-455-7555.
5. License time: Don’t forget to pick up your from the town clerk’s office at . All dogs six months of age or older must be licensed annually under state and local laws. Owners must present an updated proof of rabies vaccination and proof of spaying or neutering if applicable. Licenses are $15 per dog or $10 per neutered/spayed dog.