“Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Evening snow: There’s a chance of snow after 5:00 p.m. today, with flurries most likely between 10:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures will range from a high around 31 degrees to a low around 25. Accumulation will be less than an inch.
2. Kids activities: The will show today at 11:00 a.m. Then at 4:00 p.m., children ages 2 and up can drop by for . Both programs are free, and registration is not necessary.
3. Elder law info: will host a free session on today at 2:30 p.m. Attorney Alexandra Golden will help seniors understand insurance benefits, explain how long-term care is paid for and identify the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. This program is free and open to the public.
4. LWV event: Kick off the 2012 election year with members of the League of Women Voters of Needham by remembering those whose efforts gave American women the right to vote in 1920. The LWV will present a “Iron-Jawed Angels” at the . Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for socializing and light refreshments; the film will begin at 7:00 p.m., with a discussion to follow. This event is free and open to the public.
5. Treating pain: Dr. Charles Day, Chief of Orpthopaedic Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, will talk about today at 7:00 p.m. in ’s Conference Room B, just off the Emergency Department entrance. This program is free and open to the public and is part of the hospital’s Winter Speaker Series.