“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mix of clouds and sun: The day will be mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with high near 47 degrees and a low around 25, according to the National Weather Service.
2. History Day open house: Families of students participating in this year’s National History Day competition are invited to attend an to view the exhibits and other projects at 5 p.m. in the high school’s media center and other clearly marked spots around the school.
3. Future of Ridge Hill: If you’ve got some ideas about how the town’s should be used and cared for in the future, be sure to attend tonight’s at 7:15 p.m. at the .
4. College info night: will host its annual College Night from 7:30-9 p.m. Dr. Linda Shapiro, a psychologist and independent college admissions consultant, will for students and parents who are navigating the college admissions process. This program is free and open to the community.
5. Give back: Looking to volunteer somewhere? There are plenty of places around Needham that are in need of helpers of all ages. Tutor a local student, spend time with a senior, raise funds for cancer research, help out your neighbors, deliver meals to those in need and more. Check out our list of for more information.