“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Snow! Now that March is nearly here, we may finally get some of the snow we’ve been missing for most of this winter. (Well, maybe not missing…) The National Weather Service has issued a for the area, with snow expected to arrive around 2 p.m. today and continue, along with a mix of sleet, into early Thursday. Total accumulation is expected to be 2-4 inches. The high will be around 37 degrees and the low around 29.
2. Happy Leap Day: It comes around once every four years, a 29th day in February. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary today? Tell us about it in the comments. And have a happy one!
3. Student internship info: The Education Cooperative (TEC) program will hold an for students and parents tonight from 7-8 p.m. at the . Come find out about the many 60-hour internship opportunities available to students offering hands-on career exploration. Go to www.tec-coop.org for more information or contact Sherri Sigel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Women’s workshops: is hosting a series of free informative workshops for women entitled , with the first session scheduled today from 5:30-7 p.m. at the group’s headquarters at 140 Kendrick St., Suite C1East, in Needham. Today’s subject will focus on the financial and emotional challenges for women in the “sandwich generation” who are faced with the need to save for retirement, care for aging children and provide for their children’s education. For more information, call 781-449-4402 or visit www.bulfinchgroup.com.
5. Who makes the best sandwich? If you haven’t done so yet, make sure to cast your vote for the Needham restaurant or deli you think makes the best sandwich in town in our first ever . The poll will close Friday at 9 a.m., and we’ll post the results at noon that day. And after you’ve picked the best restaurant, be sure to tell us which sandwich is the greatest and why in the comments at the bottom of the page.