“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: The day will be sunny with a high near 46 degrees and a low around 38, according to the National Weather Service. Expect scattered showers in the evening, mainly between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
2. Planning Board: The Needham Planning Board will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Public Services Administration Building. The agenda includes a discussion with Ken Mackin about the theater block project, among other items.
3. Candidate deadline: Want to run for a town office? Today is the last day to file nomination papers with the Board of Registrars. Seats are open on the Board of Selectmen, School Committee, Planning Board and other town boards and committees. The town clerk’s office will be open between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. and in the evening between 7:30 and 9 p.m. For information, call the town clerk’s office at 781-455-7510.
4. Rotary Club lunch: Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join the Rotary Club of Needham. The club holds weekly lunches every Tuesday at noon at the Sheraton Needham Hotel. The gatherings are free to anyone interested in learning more about the club and its membership.
5. Babysitting class: There are still spots open in the Needham Youth Services’ spring babysitting course, a three-part session to be held on Wednesdays, March 7, 14 and 21 from 2:45-4:45 p.m. at Pollard Middle School. Participants must be in sixth grade to take the course. Cost is $45 per student. Deadline is March 1. To sign up, call Carol Rosenstock at 781-455-7500 ext. 267 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also see a description of the babysitting program or download a registration form at www.needhamma.gov/youth/babysit.