"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: Today will be partly sunny with a high around 60 degrees and a low around 49, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be cloudy with a chance of showers, mainly after midnight.
2. Meet your state rep.: Come talk with state Rep. Denise Garlick or a member of her staff today between 5:30 and 7 p.m. at the . No appointment is necessary. For assistance anytime, call Garlick at 617-722-2430 or e-mail Denise.Garlick@MAHouse.gov.
3. Lunch Bunch: Nearly every Monday, the Lunch Bunch gathers at a restaurant in the area to socialize and enjoy a good meal. They meet at the at 11:30 a.m. and travel by van. A donation of $5 is suggested to help with transportation costs, and each person is responsible for his or her own meal. Today, the group is heading to P.F. Chang’s in Dedham. On Dec. 12, the group will enjoy a special lunch and shopping outing at Kings at Legacy Place in Dedham (departure is at 10:30 a.m.). And on Dec. 19, the group will dine at Charley’s Saloon at Chestnut Hill. Sign up by calling 781-455-7555.
4. COA classes: There’s always something to do at the . On Mondays, there is tai chi and yoga at 9:00 a.m., a senior strength class at 10:15 a.m. and line dancing at noon. Though the eight-week sessions began in November, it’s not too late to join. Call 781-455-7555 for more information or to sign up.
5. Bridge games: Looking to play some bridge? hosts several bridge on Monday nights starting at 7:15 p.m. Cost is $6 per session. For more information, call 781-444-8522.