“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Farm help: The invites the community to join them for fun and learning all summer long. All ages can the Pine Street site any Tuesday between 6 and 8 p.m. to help with farm chores. Also, check out the website, needhamfarm.org, throughout the summer for other volunteer opportunities and class offerings for children and adults.
2. Concert conclusion: Longwood Opera’s will conclude tonight with “A Gala Night of Opera” beginning at 7:30 p.m. at . Admission is $8 for adults and $6 for seniors, students and children ages 10 and under. Learn more at longwoodopera.org or call 781-455-0960.
3. Temple reception: will host a for prospective members today at 8 p.m. Meet Rabbi Carl Perkins, Education Director Jennifer Rudin and other members of the Temple Aliyah community and learn more about the congregation and the temple's programs for all ages. For more information and to RSVP, e-mail Bess Weiskopf.
4. Free community meal: Every Tuesday evening at 5 p.m., hosts its free Bread of Life dinner, which is open to all regardless of age or religious affiliation. Know someone in need of a hot meal or just want to break bread among neighbors? Come on by!
5. Spay/neuter clinic: The Neponset Valley Humane Society will hold a low cost spay/neuter clinic for cats today in Norwood. Financial assistance is available for any cat owner for whom these reduced prices would truly be a financial hardship. Neighborhood and feral cats are free. Call 781-769-1990 or e-mail email@example.com for information and to schedule an appointment. And be sure to check out the NVHS animals available for adoption each week in Patch’s feature.