“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Register to vote: Today is the last day to register to vote in the Sept. 6 Massachusetts State Primary. It is also the last day to change party enrollment before the State Primary. Drop by the Needham Town Clerk's office, located on the first floor of , between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to register.
2. Pick your favorite places: Speaking of voting, today is the last day to vote in the 2012 Needham Patch Readers’ Choice polls—a way to recognize the best businesses and places around town. Be sure to cast your vote for best , , , and more between now and 11:59 p.m.
3. Friday Flick: Drop by the today at 1 p.m. for a free viewing of the 2011 film, “W.E.,” which blends the stories of two love affairs—the first between King Edward VIII and American divorcée Wallis Simpson and the second between a modern-day married woman and a Russian security guard. No registration required. See what else is going on at the Senior Center in Associate Director Sherry Jackson’s weekly update.
4. Book group: The Daytime Book Group meets on the third Friday of every month at 11:30 a.m. A light lunch will be served. For more information about this or other groups at First Parish, call the church office at 781-444-0823 or e-mail email@example.com.
5. Talk about it! Join other Needham residents in talking about what interests you via a blog on Needham Patch. Patch bloggers write about , , , and . Write about almost anything, as much or little as you want, as often as you like! Read for more information or just click here to get started. Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.