“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with patchy fog in the morning and partly cloudy skies in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. Highs will be in the upper 80s and lows will be in the lower 60s.
2. Make a dream journal: The will host a special activity—making a dream journal—for children ages 6 and up today at 4:30 p.m. Registration is required, and space is limited. Call the library at 781-455-7559 ext. 204 to sign up.
3. Planning Board meeting: The Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. tonight in selectmen’s chambers on the first floor of . Included on the agenda is a public hearing at 7:45 p.m. for a special permit amendment that would allow at 100-120 Highland Ave. to use about 1,000 sq. ft. of space in the building adjacent to the restaurant for administrative offices. See the full agenda at needhamma.gov.
4. Find your voice: The Boston West Toastmasters Club meets from 7:30-9 p.m. every second and fourth Monday of the month at in Needham. This local chapter of Toastmasters International is a nonprofit organization that helps its members develop their public speaking skills. Learn more at their Web site.
5. Candidates’ debate: Republicans running for the Fourth Congressional District seat—Sean Bielat, Elizabeth Childs and David Steinhof—will in Attleboro tonight from 7-8:30 p.m. The winners of the Republican and Democratic primaries on Sept. 6 will face off in the Nov. 6 election. The event is open to the public. Additional debates, for both Republican and Democratic candidates, will be held .