“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain possible: Today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. and again in the evening, mainly after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Some of the evening storms could produce heavy rain. High: 81, Low: 70. Chance of precipitation: 30 percent during the day, 70 percent at night.
2. Music fun: Children’s musician Ed Morgan will host at the today at 3 p.m. This drop-in program is geared for preschool children (ages 2.9-5). Adults must accompany all children. Please arrive on time!
3. Youth on stage: Saint Joseph's Summer Theatre will present today at 7:30 p.m. at the Sorenson Center at Babson College. An additional show time is offered Saturday at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $12 for children and seniors. Tickets are available online at sjstneedham.org.
4. Live audience needed: Needham resident Jerry Wasserman, chairman of the Board of Selectmen, will with his band, Jerry and the Great Experiment, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at . The community is invited to come be part of the recording—have some fun, enjoy free refreshments and hear music played by Wasserman and band-mates Bo Veaner, Bill Okerman, Faith Senie and Dan Senie, with special guest blues singer Carolyn Waters. RSVPs are requested for a head count; e-mail email@example.com or call 781-444-3771.
5. Vote for Needham’s best! Patch readers have one more week to recognize their favorite businesses in Needham by voting for them in our 2012 Needham Patch Readers’ Choice polls. After asking for reader nominations, Patch has pulled together lists of the top spots around town. Vote now through Friday, Aug. 17 for the best restaurants, hair salons, banks, preschools, community events and more.