“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: There is a slight chance of showers after 10 a.m. today and again this evening before 10 p.m., with the rest of the day partly sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 58 degrees and the low around 41.
2. Financial aid info: Parents of Needham High School juniors are encouraged to attend on applying for college financial aid tonight at 7 p.m. at the high school. Kendra Lider-Johnson of the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority will lead this free program.
3. Community Week continues: Tonight at 7 p.m. at , join Jon Mattleman, Christine Brumbach and Sandy Robinson as they examine and discuss how wealth may not guarantee success and happiness, as outlined in the book “The Price of Privilege” by Madeline Levine. This program is free and open to all, part of High Rock/Pollard PTC’s . Please bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the .
4. Poet visit: April is National Poetry Month and to celebrate, poet Paul Mariani tonight from 7-8 p.m., part of the school’s John P. Birmingham Jr. ’59 Lecture Series. Mariani is the author of six poetry collections and has also published numerous books of prose. This event is free and open to the public.
5. Support the PTC: During Community Week, April 23-28, several Needham restaurants will donate a portion of customers’ bills back to the High Rock/Pollard PTC. Participating businesses include: (April 23-25), (April 26-28) and Uno’s Chicago Grille in Waltham (April 23-28). For more about Community Week and the PTC, visit highrockpollardptc.org.