“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rainy Monday: Expect rain today, heavy at times, mainly before 4 p.m. There is an 80 percent chance of precipitation, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 66 degrees and the low will be around 46 degrees. More showers could arrive after 11 p.m.
2. Community Week: April 23-27 is the first in Needham, a series of films and talks that highlight issues around diversity, sponsored by and PTC and the Needham Special Education Parent Advisory Council. Parents, students and others in the community are encouraged to attend the various events, to be held at Pollard Middle School. Tonight’s program at 7 p.m. will feature the film “Including Samuel,” which explores the practice of inclusion in schools, and will be followed by a discussion moderated by Denise Garlick, Mary Lammi and Dr. Lisa Chen. to see the full Community Week schedule, or visit highrockpollardptc.org for more information.
3. Checking in on Climate Change: Green Needham will sponsor tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the . Professor Eric Olson of Brandeis University will give an update on the latest science about climate change and help the layperson understand the confusing messages about the issue. This program is free and open to the community.
4. Planning Board meeting: The will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. in selectmen’s chambers at . The agenda includes a continued public hearing on a major project site plan for Normandy Real Estate Partners for properties at 66 B St., 360 First Ave. and 410 First Ave., along with review of zoning articles for the May 7 Annual Town Meeting and hearings on other projects.
5. Golf tourney sign-up: The will be held on Monday, June 25 at the Oakley Country Club in Watertown, with proceeds to support the Charles River Center’s proposed new handicapped-accessible home in Needham. Cost is $195 per person or $780 per foursome and includes golf, cart, lunch and dinner. To sign up, send registration and full payment by June 1 to: Needham Exchange Club, P.O. Box 920475, Needham, MA 02492. For more information, contact Gerry McTernan or Joe Burns.