“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain possible: There is a chance of showers today, mainly between 4 and 9 p.m., with the rest of the day partly sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 56 degrees and the low around 41. Chance of precipitation is about 30 percent.
2. Selectmen meeting: The Needham Board of Selectmen will welcome a new member at their meeting tonight, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the selectmen’s chambers on the first floor of . Along with reorganization, a review of articles proposed for the annual Town Meeting, a discussion on the recent and other items. Citizens can stop by from 6:45-7 p.m. to speak informally with selectmen before the meeting.
3. Volunteers wanted: The Needham Park and Recreation Department is looking for and instructor aides, and registration opens today. Information and applications are available online at needhamma.gov/parkandrecreation (click on “Volunteer Information” in the blue menu on the left). Information also can be found at the Park and Rec. office on the first floor of the .
4. For the kids: Bring children ages 5 and under to the today at 10 a.m. This program is free and does not require registration. Also today, will host its from 11 a.m. to noon. This program is free and open to all. For more information, call the temple office at 781-444-8522 or e-mail JenniferRudin@templealiyah.com.
5. Knit in Needham: The MetroWest Knitting Guild meets on the second Wednesday of the month at the Needham Free Public Library at 6:45 p.m. All levels of knitters are welcome. There are annual dues of $20 per knitter to help defray costs. There is no need to sign up; just drop by to learn more about the group.