1. The National Weather Service is pretty sure it's going to rain today. A 90 percent chance of showers during the day, an 80 percent chance in the evening. A high of 66ºF and a low of 48ºF during the otherwise cloudy day.
2. The Needham Community Council Thrift Shop is open on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enter through the door on the left side of the building to shop; donations can be delivered to the door on the right side of the building. Mark your calendar: The Community Council’s community-wide open house will be held on Saturday, May 12 from 12-5 p.m. Come tour the their new location at 570 Hillside Ave.
3. It may be chilly, but there's shopping to be done. The Dedham Square Country Market opens on Sunday at 10 a.m. with a whole slew of vendors featuring everything from seafood to cheeses to root vegetables. Head over to 626 High St in Dedham, and pick up some fine finds. List of vendors on the event page.
4. Bacon and bass, two great tastes that taste great together. Stop by Justine's Table in Wellesley for their Sunday Jazz Brunch this weekend, which starts at 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. There is no cover, and it is a BYOB restaurant.
5. Entertainer Tappin' Ted Powers is set to swing by Waterstone at Wellesley, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, he will be swinging and dancing. Call 781-235-1614 to RSVP for the free, open-to-the-public event.