[Update: 9:08 a.m.] Needham Public Schools are closed today! There is no school today in Needham, because of the snow.
1. Between one and three inches expected in the snowstorm today, according to the National Weather Service, on top of the expected 4-6 inches overnight. A 90 percent chance of precipitation, gradually clearing by the evening. Temperatures should range between 36ºF and 27ºF.
2. Dana Hall School of Music in Wellesley has their Music Faculty Recital at 7 p.m. tonight. Head to Beveridge Hall, 45 Dana Road for the free show, featuring some works of Telemann, Cimarosa, Liebermann, Piazzolla and Gaubert.
3. When two sets of parents meet for a civilized discussion of an incident involving their children, will the "God of Carnage" allow it to remain civil? Wellesley College features a play entitled "God of Carnage," at 8 p.m. tonight, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday, and 7 p.m. on Sunday. Free, but they require reservations, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Help out Baby Basics, while enjoying some kids music. The Congregational Church of Needham presents a SteveSongs Concerts--tickets are $12--and proceeds benefit “Baby Basics!”, an organization which has provided well over 1 million diapers to over 1,000 children, and serves families in Needham and Dedham.
5. Bring your spoon for the Volante Farms Chili Cook Off this weekend. Judging for the contest begins at 11 a.m., and they need contestants (i.e., chilis) at the farm at 10:45 a.m. Prizes include gift cards, but only one chili-maker can bring home the trophy. See the rules on the Event Page, and register on the Volante Farms site.