1. The National Weather Service predicts the clouds will start to clear up over the course of the day, leading to a mostly clear evening. Temperatures will range between 46ºF highs and 24ºF lows throughout the day.
2. The Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston Offices has been selling lights for their Tree of Lights Ceremony. At 5 p.m., they are hosting a ceremony at their 70 Walnut Street location.
3. The Needham Common will be the site of a Winning Menorah Lighting. This year, the Chabad Jewish Center, crowdsourced the holidays by asking people to design a Menorah--which they will light tonight, on the Town Common. Lights go up at 6 p.m.
4. You might be surprised what kind of Gifts from the Kitchen you can cook up. At 6 p.m., at Whole Foods, the Massachusetts Horticultural Society is hosting a hands-on class about making gifts that are welcome in pretty much anyone's kitchen. $10 for members, $12 for non-members.
5. There are stereotypes, myths and misconceptions about boys and girls, and the ' If you're interested in learning more about how these myths impact your kids and your jobs, then 7 p.m. at Newman Elementary School is the time and place. $15 at the door, or pre-register online for $10.