It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: , 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, July 21, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Every Saturday, from July 7 to Sept. 15, Linden Square will host its summer fun days. Kids can enjoy face painting, balloon twisting, arts and crafts and much more. On July 21, children’s music performer Stacey Peasley will play from 1:30-3:30 p.m. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/when: Regis College Fine Arts Center, 235 Wellesley St., Weston; Saturday, July 21 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 22 at 2 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Why go: Several Needham youth will be performing this weekend in a series of shows that are part of Weston Drama Workshop’s 50th season. The will be held on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and feature more than 100 alumni of all ages. On Sunday, see local performers in at 2 p.m., at 5 p.m. and at 7:30 p.m. (Many of the shows have Friday times as well. for a complete schedule.)
- Tickets: $15 per show except $30 for the Revue and Gala
3. Swim at Rosemary Pool
- Where/when: , Rosemary St. and Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday and Sunday, July 14-15 from 12:30-7:45 p.m.
- Why go: It's looking like a perfect summer weekend, with sunny skies and highs near 80 and 85 on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Rosemary Pool is open to Needham residents and non-residents, too. Season passes are available, or you can pay the daily rate, with admission half off after 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Needham resident daily rate: Ages 2-59, $6; ages 60+, $3. Non-resident rate: Ages 2-59, $8; ages 60+, $3
4. Shop the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop
- Where/when: , 570 Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday, July 21, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why go: Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods and support local programs that help Needham residents. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
- Pricing: Varies
- Where/when: , 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, July 22, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Catch up with your neighbors and shop from a variety of items including: sweet corn, award-winning tomatoes, raspberries, gooseberries, blackberries, blueberries, cousa, romano beans, broccoli, flying saucer squash, pickled cukes, zucchini, swiss chard, carrots, several kinds of lettuce (beautiful, large heads!), kale, herb mix, scallions, radishes, summer squash, beets, chives, spinach, basil, beans, cucumbers, and lots more. Peaches and plums may also be available. Featured vendors will include MacArthur Farm, Neighborhood Farm, Needham Community Farm, Globe Fish Company, John Crow Farm, Foxboro Cheese, Sky Bakery and Susie’s Bakery. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items available for purchase