It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: , 92 Rosemary St., Needham; Saturday, Aug. 25, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Why go: Bring your comfortable lawn chairs and cozy blankets and enjoy a free movie under the stars at Parent Talk's annual Flicks on the Field. Pizza and snacks will be available for purchase. For younger children who may not be able to sit through the movie, there will be children’s entertainment beginning at 6:30 p.m., including a bounce house, face painting and more. The movie, “Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax," will begin at sundown, around 7:35 p.m.
- Pricing: Free, but all families are asked to bring an item to donate to the Food Pantry. Items most needed are listed on the council website.
- Where/when: , 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, Aug. 25, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Linden Square hosts its summer fun days every Saturday from July 7 to Sept. 15. Kids can enjoy a petting farm, entertainment, summer crafts and much more. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
3. Shop the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop
- Where/when: , 570 Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday, Aug. 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why go: Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods and support local programs that help Needham residents. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
- Pricing: Varies
- Where/when: , 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, Aug. 26, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Shop from a great selection of fresh, locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, plants and other items. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items for sale
5. Take a Hike/Have a Picnic
- Where/when: , , Cutler Park, , , , ; open daily dawn to dusk
- Why go: You don’t have to go far to enjoy the great outdoors. Needham is full of beautiful places perfect for playing, picnicking, walking or just relaxing with a good book under a warm summer sun. Check out the park listings in our Directory to find more information about parking, location and amenities.
- Pricing: Free; some areas have metered parking