It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
1. Swim at Rosemary Pool
- Where/when: , Rosemary St. and Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 18 and 19 from 12:30-7:45 p.m.
- Why go: This will be the last weekend to cool off at Rosemary Pool. The pool season closes on Friday, Aug. 24. Take advantage of the opportunity and see what Needham has to offer. And remember: Admission is half off after 6 p.m.
- Pricing: Needham resident daily rate: Ages 2-59, $6; ages 60+, $3. Non-resident rate: Ages 2-59, $8; ages 60+, $3
- Where/when: , 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, Aug. 18, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Linden Square hosts its summer fun days every Saturday from July 7 to Sept. 15. Kids can enjoy a petting farm, entertainment, summer crafts and much more. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
3. Shop the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop
- Where/when: , 570 Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday, Aug. 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why go: Find great bargains on men's, women's and children's clothing and small household goods and support local programs that help Needham residents. Items change weekly—shop often and find treasures! Learn more at needhamcommunitycouncil.org.
- Pricing: Varies
- Where/when: , 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, Aug. 19, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Come shop a great selection of locally grown produce, herbs, meat, baked goods and more. A musician and artisan are featured each week. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items for sale
5. Temple Aliyah Temple Tots BBQ
- Where/when: 89 Newell Ave., Needham; Sunday, Aug. 19 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Why go: All are welcome to attend the Temple Aliyah Temple Tots BBQ, to be held at the home of Debbie Goodman, 89 Newell Ave., Needham. All food will be kosher and provided by Temple Tots, a volunteer group of families at with young children. Temple Tots hosts exciting, fun, educational, and age-appropriate Jewish programming at Temple Aliyah throughout the year for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and the whole family. Attending Temple Tots events provides a great way to learn more about Temple Aliyah and to meet other Jewish parents with young children; Temple membership is not required to participate. For more information or to RSVP, email Temple Tots co-chairs Debbie Goodman or Marcy Leiman.
- Pricing: Free