Sure, you could buy the latest hot toy for your Needham tot, or go a different route and slip a few books under the tree this year. But if you're still looking for a few more items and are tired of battling the crowds at the mall, turn your attention back to Needham, where you find a variety of items for kids.
1. offers customized letter T-shirts. The boys T-shirt is navy blue and you can pick what letter of the alphabet you want on the shirt, which has baseballs on it. The girls T-shirt is hot pink and the letter is flowery looking. They are available for $32 and come in sizes ranging from 12 months to size 10.
2. Pollywogs also offers a very nice Red Sox hooded fleece jacket for $36. It is available size-wise from 0-24 months. It comes in blue, pink or white, and is also available as a footie as well.
3. Over at Isis Parenting, there is a wide variety of items available for both parents and kids—with the latest styles and items designed by people who know what really works. High-end items like the self-folding and self-opening Origami Stroller and the Zuma High Chair are perfect ideas for busy moms looking to make life easier. But if its the kids you're buying for, check out the Isis shop's Rody Horse for ages 3 and up, a line of sleds such as the colorful Walrus and ultra-cozy hats, gloves and boots for little ones.
4. If it's toys you're after, you don't have to leave town to find them. offers many of the popular brands including Alex, American Girl, Calico Critters, Creativity for Kids, LEGO, Melissa & Doug, Playmobil and more. The shop's full, interactive Holiday Book and 2011 Wish Book can be viewed online. Though some items may be sold out, it may be worth a call or a visit to see what they have available.
5. Encourage kids to be active with a gift based on their favorite sport. Here in Needham, you can set kids up with lessons at the , buy soccer balls, hockey sticks and other sports gear at or , purchase a family membership at the and allow the kids to choose from a variety of activities and classes or head over to the for some post-holiday candlepin bowling.
Know of any other great gift ideas for children right here in town? Tell us about it in the comments section below.