So if the crazy weekend traffic around the area's major shopping sites didn't give you a hint, Christmas is just a week away—and the first night of Hanukkah is even closer. That means if you haven't completed your holiday shopping—and, let's face it, a lot of us probably haven't—you've got just a few days to get out there and find that perfect gift for Mom, Dad, kids, cousins, friends, co-workers... It can be a little daunting.
Though it might seem easier to hit up a superstore or get all your shopping done at the mall, there are actually some great options for gift giving right here in Needham—and chances are you'll find something special you won't find in the big shops. Plus, though it's sure to be busy this week in the downtown, it won't be anything close to what it's like in a shopping mall this time of year.
With all that in mind—and the fact that, , 75 cents of every dollar spent at Needham businesses stays in Needham—Patch set out to find a few ideas for holiday gifts available right here in town. Starting today and over the next few days, we'll give you a few suggestions to help you cross that special woman, man, child or anyone else off your list.
Looking for some last-minute ideas for your wife, mother, sister, girlfriend or grandmother? Here are a few you can find here in Needham:
1. has a C&C California sweater for $128 that is lightweight, 100 percent cotton and would make a great gift for someone who is going away in the winter. It’s very colorful and Lisa's employees recommend dressing it up with beads. If you’re looking to buy a special woman in your life an entire outfit, the Lisa’s staff also suggests pairing the sweater with a pair of skinny jeans, which range in price from $70-$150. The shop also has a number of different belts to match various tastes in style.
2. Lisa’s also has a variety of gloves available, including purple, fingerless Autumn Cashmere gloves with a black leopard-style print for $108, as well as gloves that have a zippered picket to put your house keys in that are great for runners. Those are $18.
3. offers personalized note cards ($9.95), note sheets ($9.95), mugs ($9.95), luggage tags (two for $10) and pens ($10.95). They come in gift enclosures, are available in many different designs and can be personalized with any name in 24 hours. These also make a great gift for teenage girls.
4. has a large selection of scarves for under $20. They also have a whole collection of sweaters from Scandinavia that are under $50.
5. Give the gift of relaxation with a gift certificate to a local spa. At , your special lady can enjoy a variety of services such as massages or facials, and there are packages ranging from $150 (the 2 1/2-hour Lunch Time Escape) to $290 (a five-hour Energize session). At , you can order gift certificates online that can be used for massages, facials, acupuncture and other services, or you can purchase a membership as a gift, which gives the person a great discount on services for the duration of their membership (three months to a year).
Have a recommendation of your own for last-minute gift ideas for women that can be found right here in Needham or want to weigh in on one of our ideas? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.