A good burger isn’t hard to find in Needham, at least according to Patch readers. More than a dozen people had a suggestion for our this week, which asked, “Who makes the best burgers in town?”
So without further ado, here are three great burger “joints” in Needham:
- Find them at: 1257 Highland Ave.
- Burger specialties: The Wicked Good (sautéed onions and mushrooms with Swiss and cheddar cheeses); the Annie Oakley (blue cheese with lettuce, tomato and red onion); the Stampede (smothered in steak chili with cheddar cheese); and the Catcus veggie burger; to name just a few
- You said: “Gotta hand it to Wild Willy's. Love their ‘Wicked Good’ burger. Also where else can you get draft root beer?” and “We love Wild Willy's and their child-friendly atmosphere makes the meal even better for moms and dads!” (Read all the comments and add your own .)
- Find them at: 882 Highland Ave.
- Burger specialties: For lunch or dinner, Blue offers its own twist on a cheeseburger or veggie burger
- You said: “Blue on Highland, hands down! And they have a great burger and beer special going on this summer.” and “I would have to go with Blue on Highland's burgers made with Vermont cheddar and spicy relish. When paired with their truffles fries, you cannot go wrong!”
- Find them at: 105 Chapel St.
- Burger specialties: Sweet Blue Burger (blue cheese, carmelized onions, country bacon and arugula), Baja Burger (guacamole, tortilla strips, pepper jack cheese, lettuce and tomato) or the more classic Backyard Burger (available with American, blue, Swiss or pepper jack cheese and bacon)
- You said: “I think Not Your Average Joe's has an unbelievable hamburger. The burger is thick and juicy and the roll is fresh.”
What do you think? Did you miss a good one? Do you disagree with any of our choices? Tell us about it in the comments below. And be sure to rate any restaurant you visit around Needham in our Places listings. Your advice could help a neighbor find the perfect place for a meal.