It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: , 231 Forest St., Wellesley; Thursday-Friday, Aug. 9-10 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 11 at 2 p.m.
- Why go: See talented local youth from Summer Theatre program perform “Cinderella” onstage at Sorenson Center at Babson College.
- Pricing: Tickets cost $15 for adults and $12 for children and seniors. Tickets are available by contacting Hannah Clifford at 781-801-6190 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are also available online at sjstneedham.org.
- Where/when: Downtown Needham; Saturday, Aug. 11 beginning at 10 a.m.
- Why go: Take advantage of the Massachusetts (for most items under $2,500) as well as great local sales and discounts during Needham’s Sizzling Sidewalk Sale. Sales will begin at 10 a.m. Shoppers can look for the "Discover Needham, Local First" logo in store windows to know exactly where special deals will be offered. In addition, shoppers can pick up the free Discover Needham Gold Card at to enjoy discounts throughout the year.
- Pricing: Sales vary according to the business.
- Where/when: , 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, Aug. 11, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Linden Square hosts its summer fun days every Saturday from July 7 to Sept. 15. Kids can enjoy a petting farm, entertainment, summer crafts and much more. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
4. Swim at Rosemary Pool
- Where/when: , Rosemary St. and Hillside Ave., Needham; Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 11 and 12 from 12:30-7:45 p.m.
- Why go: Cool off and have some fun at Needham’s Rosemary Pool. There are just a few weeks of the pool season left. Admission is half off after 6 p.m. The pool will close if there is thunder or lightning.
- Pricing: Needham resident daily rate: Ages 2-59, $6; ages 60+, $3. Non-resident rate: Ages 2-59, $8; ages 60+, $3
- Where/when: , 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, Aug. 12, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Shop from a selection of fresh flowers, fish, meat, eggs, cheese, bread, tea and more offered by local vendors such as MacArthur Farm, Neighborhood Farm, Needham Community Farm, Globe Fish, John Crow, Hazel's Bakery, Foxboro Cheese and Gay Grace Tea. The Farmers Market Jazz Band will perform, and featured artists will include Pat Brazill, who makes Chain Maille jewelry, and Amber Dorval of Clay in Common pottery. will be the featured nonprofit organization. The market is held every Sunday through October. Learn more at www.needhamfarmersmarket.org.
- Pricing: Free admission; items for sale