Invite a friend
Prayer Made Visible - A Hands On Spiritual Practice Buffet
3 sessions…3 experiences presented by Rev. Peggy O’Connor
These classes are for the following people:
- Those who fumble with words and/or don’t think they can pray.
- Those whose prayers feel inadequate or whose minds wander when they try to pray.
- Those who say they will pray for others but then forget to do so.
- Those whose prayer life feels like an item on their to-do list.
- Those who want to have a new prayer/spiritual experience or who want to go a little deeper.
Session 1: ICONS (Feb. 2)
Make your own icon and discover a doorway to prayer. Various sizes of boards, glue, images, and paint will be provided. You may bring your own images/picture(s) to use as well.
Session 2: PRAYING IN COLOR (Feb. 10)
This is an active, meditative, and fun way of praying. If you can doodle…draw a line…write a name…you can do this. Markers, colored pencils, paper supplied. NO artistic skills required.
Session 3: PRAYER BEADS (Feb. 24)
Make a prayer bracelet to wear or a short string of beads
to carry. The finished product will help remind you to pray during the day. Cord and beads provided.
There are no fees for these classes but donations are accepted. Please contact email@example.com or 781-444-2510 to register.
|Where||The Congregational Church of Needham 1154 Great Plain Ave, Needham, MA 02492|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:30 am–1:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Teens, Seniors|
More About The Congregational Church of Needham
The Congregational Church is a faith community open to all people. Morning worship is held at 10am on Sundays, with childcare available for infants and Sunday School classes available for kids and high school students. Several groups meet at the church, including youth, men's and women's groups. An after-school program called The Center is open to students in grades 6 and 7. Additionally, The Friendly Society, a group of women who gather for friendship and fellowship purposes, meets several times during the year. The church also is heavily involved in the music scene. Youth choirs meet regularly, as does the Chancel Choir, and the sanctuary has a state-of-the-art organ. Guests can visit the library, and the church hosts several live performers throughout the year.
Other events here
- Frank Arren’s Lunchtime Networking Group Weekly on Fridays, 12:00 pm–1:30 pm
- Open House at The Center Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Healing Service at the Congregational Church of Needham January 17, 2013 / February 7, 2013 / March 14, 2013 / April 11, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 7:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Open House at The Center May 21, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Vacation Bible School Daily, 8:30 am–12:00 pm
- Sunday School Open House Sun, Sep 29, 11:30 am–1:30 pm