Invite a friend
Open House at The Center
The Center, an after school program for sixth graders located at The Congregational Church of Needham, will be hosting four open houses for families in the community to tour the space, meet the staff, and learn about the registration process, on Saturday, May 19 from 9-11 a.m., Wednesday, June 6 from 7-8 p.m., Tuesday, June 12 from 7-8 p.m., and Thursday, June 21 from 9-11 a.m. and 7-8 p.m.
Private tours are also available.
The Center is a safe, fun place for sixth graders to develop independence, get homework done and have fun with friends. Under the supervision of trained adults, The Center is open for drop-in hours Monday through Friday, 2-6 p.m. on every school day presented on the Needham School District calendar.
Additionally, The Center is open on early release days from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on delayed opening days from 7:30-9:30 a.m. for "Breakfast Club."
The benefits of joining The Center program include:
● Flexible, drop-in hours. Youth may come to The Center during any open days and hours of the program once registered and issued a Membership Card. In addition, families need only pay for the days their youth attends ($30 a day or $250 for a 10-day pass)
● A quiet room for homework and reading with school supplies and books
● A computer lab, with computers, printer, scanner, and other devices
● A game room, with an air hockey table, ping pong table, foosball, piano, Wii sports, Rockband, and board games
● A gathering space for sports, team building, group activities and planning community service such as raking leaves, picking up litter, or volunteering at local nursing homes
● Outdoor space for sports including volleyball, basketball, bocce ball and croquet
● Healthy snacks The possibilities at The Center are endless; if youth want to make and edit videos, publish a magazine, create their own website, or make up a new sport, The Center can make it happen. Youth will have the freedom to choose activities to participate in and voice their opinion about what The Center should offer. The Center is also nondenominational and nonreligious.
|Where||The Congregational Church of Needham 1154 Great Plain Ave, Needham, MA 02492|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Kids, Teens, Families|
|Phone||781-444-2510 ext 198|
More About The Congregational Church of Needham
The Congregational Church is a faith community open to all people. Morning worship is held at 10am on Sundays, with childcare available for infants and Sunday School classes available for kids and high school students. Several groups meet at the church, including youth, men's and women's groups. An after-school program called The Center is open to students in grades 6 and 7. Additionally, The Friendly Society, a group of women who gather for friendship and fellowship purposes, meets several times during the year. The church also is heavily involved in the music scene. Youth choirs meet regularly, as does the Chancel Choir, and the sanctuary has a state-of-the-art organ. Guests can visit the library, and the church hosts several live performers throughout the year.
Other events here
- Frank Arren’s Lunchtime Networking Group Weekly on Fridays, 12:00 pm–1:30 pm
- Open House at The Center Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Healing Service at the Congregational Church of Needham January 17, 2013 / February 7, 2013 / March 14, 2013 / April 11, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / June 13, 2013, 7:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Open House at The Center May 21, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Vacation Bible School Daily, 8:30 am–12:00 pm
- Sunday School Open House Sun, Sep 29, 11:30 am–1:30 pm