Invite a friend
Needham 4th of July Celebration & Grand Parade
The Needham Exchange Club's 4th of July festivities will continue on Wednesday, July 4 with a Craft Fair and Flea Market from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Memorial Park, among other activities.
The schedule includes:
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Craft Fair and Flea Market
- 8:45 a.m. Children’s Parade—decorated bikes and costumes (meet at Greene’s Field)
- 9 a.m. Salute and flag raising on the Town Common
- 9:05 a.m. Grand Parade featuring bands, floats, musical groups, antique cars and much more
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Food tents selling grilled food, soft drinks, ice cream, cotton candy and more
- Noon. Children’s Races and Contests including running events, sack races and egg toss (on Memorial Field)
- 2 p.m. Needham Little League All-Star Game—Majors American vs. Majors National (Memorial Field)
More About Memorial Park
With stately Needham High School perched atop the hill beside it, Memorial Park offers a plethora of activities for those who visit. The recently renovated park often finds athletes utilizing the two baseball diamonds, as well as the multiuse synthetic field, all of which are lit up at night. During warmer months, live music is played at the park's gazebo.
As its name implies, Memorial Park also pays tribute to veterans through a granite monument, plaques and American flags. As one inscription reads, the park is dedicated to the "men and women of Needham who served the armed forces of our great country in all wars."