Maybe Needham residents prefer fitness centers and french fries to sporting good stores, or maybe you were too busy voting in the actual Town Election to vote in the latest Best of Needham - Readers' Choice poll, but this week's numbers were pretty light, with just seven votes cast.
Still, every poll must have a winner, and this week's winner for Best Sporting Goods Store was Modell's Sporting Goods in Newton, located at 210 Needham St. Modell's drew 71 percent of the vote, while Pure Hockey in Needham took the remaining 29 percent.
Travis D. from Somerville wrote on Yelp:
... The store's pretty big and I actually do business with them through my company and the managers here are all good people. I haven't had a bad experience yet. Swing by and you can drop a small amount of cash and pick up a bunch of new gear for working out or lounging.
West Newton resident Kristine M. had this to day about Modell's in the Yelp comments section:
I've had nothing but good luck at this Modell's. Far cheaper than your average sporting goods store ... a great place to buy a pair of sneakers or a sports bra at a reasonable price.
So what do you think? Do you love Modell's, too? Or is there another great place to buy exercise gear, sports equipment and other items here in Needham or nearby? Add your throughts in the comments section below.
Next week, we'll be asking about something it's hard not to love: Dessert! We'll be looking at restaurants in town that serve up the best "something sweet" after a meal—from pie to cake to more unusual dessert dishes. Send your nominations now to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can be sure to include your favorites in next week's poll.
And check back on Monday morning to vote in the next poll!