Week in Review: Earthquake Felt in Needham, Halloween Contests and Farmers Market Plans
A look at some of the top stories on Needham Patch last week.
Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
- Did You Feel That? Earthquake Moves Needham—A 4.5-magnitude earthquake that hit in Maine sent tremors around Needham and the greater Boston area Tuesday, Oct. 16.
- Needham Farmers Market Ready To Grow—With the first season of the Needham Farmers Market winding down this month, organizers are already looking ahead to next year—and to a possible expansion onto the Town Common.
- First Needham Luminary Night Set Nov. 4—The Community Center of Needham—a local nonprofit group that is working to bring a community center to town—is planning their first big fundraiser.
- Ribbon Cut on Newman School Renovations—Members of the Needham community joined together with state dignitaries Thursday afternoon, Oct. 18 for an official reopening of Newman Elementary School.
- Needham Case Included in Boy Scout 'Perversion Files'—A Needham case involving alleged sexual abuse by a Scout troop leader is part of the Boy Scouts of America's "perversion files" released Thursday, Oct. 18 to the public.
- Enter to Win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest—It doesn’t matter if you’re Lady Gaga or Lady Liberty for Halloween—if you have an awesome costume, showcase your creation in Patch's Best Halloween Costume in America Contest.
- PHOTO CONTEST: Pet Halloween Costumes—We want to see those pets in costume, so post your photos and you could win a $50 gift card.
- Where to Get a Breast Examination in Needham—Here is a list of local places where you can go for mammograms and breast exams in or near Needham.
- Patch Answers: When is Trick-or-Treat in Needham?—For this week’s “You Ask … Patch Answers,” we rounded up information about Halloween plans in Needham—when and where you can take your little ghouls Trick-or-Treating.
- Get Inspired: Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas—Halloween is less than two weeks away—have you found a costume yet? Patch has a few ideas.
Election season is in full swing, and Patch wants to help readers be as informed as possible on the issues and candidates before heading to the polls. Here’s some of our coverage this week:
- Who Is Your Ideal Presidential Candidate?—A website launched earlier this year that claims their tool can match candidates to voters has quickly been gaining popularity through social media channels.
- Kennedy, Bielat Debate Jobs and Healthcare at Wellesley College Candidates Forum—Republican Sean Bielat and Democrat Joseph P. Kennedy III debated in front of a capacity crowd at Wellesley College’s Alumnae Hall, with both candidates sticking closely to the scripts of their respective parties.
Needham Patch is all about you—the news and issues that matter to Needham readers. That’s why we occasionally ask readers to respond to polls, talk about local or state issues and submit their own photos and videos as part of our online community.
- Should Alcohol Be Sold In Needham?
- Obama-Romney Presidential Debate: Who Won?
- How Would You Eliminate the Pay Gap for Women?
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.