Week in Review: Aly Raisman Wins Gold!
A look at some of the top stories on Needham Patch last week.
Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
- Aly Raisman Wins Gold—Needham native Aly Raisman scored top marks in the women's gymnastics floor exercise final on Tuesday afternoon, winning the gold medal with her score of 15.600, which beat second-place Catalina Ponor of Romania's 15.200.
- Aly Raisman Earns Bronze on Beam—Earlier on Tuesday, Aly Raisman won her first individual Olympic medal with her performance on the balance beam.
- Swizzles Frozen Yogurt Shop To Open Today—Swizzles Frozen Yogurt opened the doors on its new Needham shop Friday morning. Located at 1450 Highland Ave., the shop is the company’s second in Massachusetts—the first opened in Winchester in January.
- UPDATE: Man Arrested in Stabbing on Captain Robert Cook Drive—A Needham man was arrested early Monday morning after he allegedly attacked at least two other people with a knife.
- Governor's Council Candidates Debate in Natick—Four Democratic candidates for Governor's Council, Second District squared off in a debate at Natick's Morse Institute Library Wednesday night.
- Needham Company Teams Up For PMC—Employees of Needham-based company Parametric Technology Corporation, or PTC, were among the more than 5,000 riders to participate in the 2012 Pan-Mass Challenge last weekend.
- Health Matters: Drugged Driving A Public Health Concern—Carol Read of the Needham Public Health Department writes about the dangers associated with drugged driving.
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.