UPDATED: Needham Storm Central: What's Closed, Canceled
Needham Patch has all your storm information, as we will be posting closings and cancellations during the midweek blizzard.
This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Public schools in Needham have been cancelled for the day, as have Town of Needham municipal offices. Town officials are also urging residents to stay off of the roadways today whenever possible.
- There will be no evening activities at St. Joseph's School.
- The Transfer Station (originally scheduled to open at noon) is now closed for the day.
- The Needham Public Library is closed.
- All Needham public schools are closed Wednesday, as well as St. Sebastian's School.
- All public school and Park and Recreation activities are cancelled.
- The Senior Center is closed all day.
- The Needham High School track meets against Milton have been cancelled.
- The Health Department's Yellow Dress has been cancelled. A make-up date has not been determined yet.
- The Transitions program at the Presbyterian Church has been cancelled for the day.
- The Traveling Meals program has been cancelled.
- The Charles River YMCA Pool Site will be closed and Active Family Center will open at 2 p.m. today.
- All Temple Aliyah activities, including evening minyan, are canceled today.
- The Needham Public Schools' "Know Your Schools Night" for incoming preK and K parents has been postponed to Jan. 20 at 6:30 p.m. in the performance center at the Broadmeadow Elementary School.
- The Needham Business Association Breakfast has been moved to Jan. 19 at 7:30 a.m.
- The Norfolk County Mosquito Control Project will now meet on Thursday in Walpole.
- The boys hockey game against Weymouth has been postponed to Jan. 13 at 4:15 p.m.; the girls varsity hockey game against Weymouth has been moved to Jan. 14 at 6:15 p.m.; the boys varsity wrestling event at Framingham High School has been postponed to Jan. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Stay with Needham Patch for more information.
Important numbers and websites:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 781-455-7570
- Fire Department: 781-444-0142
- DPW: 781-455-7534
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- MBTA Needham stations: service updates
List of cab companies:
- Needham Red Cab: 781-444-3503
List of tow companies: