Needham Police Log: Gesundheit and an OUI
The following information was supplied by the Needham Police Department. Any charges mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
The following reports were provided by the Needham Police Department. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Jan 17
- A Franklin Road resident reported a hit-and-run crash at about 1:30 p.m. The resident said that her car was hit at the intersection of High Rock Street and Marked Tree Road, and the other car fled the scene. A partial plate lead to a 22-year-old Wellesley resident, who was apologetic and did not realize he had caused a crash. He was instructed to be more careful in future.
Friday, Jan 18
- At about 3:15 p.m., police received a report of a car hanging off of a retaining wall outside of the Rosemary Street pool. There were no injuries, and the driver told police that he lost control of the car after sneezing.
- Police arrested a man at about 3:30 p.m., David McGloin, 31 of Needham. He was arrested and charged with assault with a motor vehicle, operating to endanger, failing to stop for police and a marked lanes violation.
- Police received a report of a female customer on on Highland Avenue who was out of control at about 4:45 p.m. The woman, a 46-year-old Newton resident, was summonsed to Dedham court for possession of a controlled substance, and left the store without further incident.
Saturday, Jan 19
- Police received a report of a Pleasant Street larceny incident at about at about 6 a.m. Police are investigating the incident.
- A Cynthia Road resident walked into the station to report a fraud incident, 2 p.m. He purchased some Patriots tickets on Craigslist, wired the money, and realized he was scammed when no tickets arrived.
- At about 10:30 p.m., police pulled over a vehicle reportedly speeding on Second Avenue. They determined that the driver, Aaron Lashua of Needham, 31, was driving after drinking alcohol. He was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding.
Sunday, Jan 20
- At 1 a.m. on Marked Tree Road, police pulled a vehicle over for a broken plate light. A check revealed that the car also had a suspended registration, and the driver was summonsed to court for driving with a suspended registration.