Needham Police Log: 21-24
The following information was supplied by the Needham Police Department. Any charges mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
The following reports were provided by the Needham Police Department. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
Monday, Jan 21
- 10 a.m., a woman from Norwich Road reported to police that she avoided becoming a victim of an internet real estate scam when she attempted to rent a home in Framingham. The scammer requested a $2,200 deposit for the house, at which point she realized she was being scammed and contacted police.
- A 27-year-old man from Waltham was summonsed to court after a vehicle crash on South Street at Chestnut Street, for unlicensed operation.
- Police stopped a car which reportedly drove through a red light in Needham Square, on Chapel Street. The driver will be summonsed to Dedham Court for unlicensed driving a vehicle.
Tuesday, Jan 22
- A plumber working on Peacedale Street reported that some tools were stolen from a house in which he was working over the weekend at some time between Friday, Jan 18 and Monday, Jan 21.
- Police responded to a hit-and-run crash which resulted in minor property damage to a vehicle parked at Needham Congregational Church. After investigating, police learned that the damage-causing vehicle had left the area, and no one had witnessed the 10:14 a.m. crash.
Wednesday, Jan 23
- Police responded to a crash on Charles River Street where a vehicle crashed into a deer at about 8:30 a.m. The vehicle was able to leave the scene, and Needham Animal Control tended to the injured creature.
- 11 a.m., Horace Street resident Matthew Pruneau, 22, was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
- The driver of a black BMW reported front-end damage to his car parked on the street in front of Town House of Pizza, at 4:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m., Alder Brook Lane residents reported their house had been broken into, and some cash and small electronics had been taken from inside the home.
Thursday, Jan 24
- After 7:15 p.m., police responded to a 3-car crash on Route 128 at Highland Avenue. One woman, a 42-year-old woman from Hull was taken by Needham Fire Department to the hospital for minor injuries. A 54-year-old Wilmington man was cited for failing to yield.
- 3 p.m., Whiting Way residents report they were victims of fraud.
- Needham Animal control reportedly located a thin stray dog in poor health in the St. Mary Street area at about 4:15 p.m. Thursday. The dog was brought to the Animal Rescue League in Dedham.
- While patrolling, a police officer saw a vehicle with a defective taillight on Fourth Avenue at about 4:30 p.m. and pulled the car over. After learning that the driver had been driving on a revoked registration, the 28-year-old Jamaica Plain woman was cited for driving with a revoked registration. The car was secured at a Fourth Ave parking lot.
- A man from Bonwood Road reported he had lost his daughter's phone before 7:15 p.m., and may have lost it at Sudbury Farms. He will contact the police of they find the phone.