Five Things You Need to Know Today: Sept. 28
Temple Aliyah offers a free infant/toddler playgroup.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly cloudy: We’ll have a slight chance of showers before noon with the rest of the day mostly cloudy and a high around 70 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. More rain may come late in the evening, mainly after 1:00 a.m. Low will be around 58 degrees.
2. Play time: Temple Aliyah offers a free playgroup for infants and toddlers, accompanied by an adult, on Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to noon. For information, call the temple office, 781-444-8522, or e-mail JenniferRudin@templealiyah.com.
3. Shop and drop: Got some old Halloween costumes lying around that the kids no longer fit into? Donate them to the Needham Community Council Thrift Shop and give them a second life with another family. Donations are accepted between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday or Thursday. And if you’re looking for a costume, other clothing or a few household items, visit the shop today between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and 5:00-7:00 p.m. For information, call 781-444-2415.
4. Next Wednesday: A week from today is International Walk to School Day, and Needham elementary school students are being encouraged to participate by making signs to hold during their morning walks to school. Learn more about what this day means and how you can join the effort by visiting this Web page.
5. Tell us about it: Did you know you can post your not-for-profit events, personal or family achievements, birth announcements, engagement and wedding notices, thank yous, calls for volunteers and lost and found items instantly on Needham Patch? First, sign up for a free profile on Patch, then once you’re registered and signed in, simply visit our announcements page to submit your news and notes. While you can certainly e-mail tips to me at Becca.Manning@patch.com, I encourage you to try adding an item or two yourself to see how quick and easy it is—the item will post in a matter of minutes, and you don’t have to wait for me to find it in my inbox (which gets pretty full some days, let me tell you). Have questions about how you can contribute in other ways? Send me an e-mail or give me a call at 781-217-4233. After all, it’s your town and this is your Patch.