Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 2
Today is Election Day, but there are other things to know about in Needham today, as well.
- After months of campaigning, a number of candidates are looking for your vote today as polls open in Needham at 7 a.m. for Election Day. Find a last-minute voter guide packed with information on the candidates, the three ballot questions, where to vote and a sample ballot at this link. And continue to check back with Needham Patch to find the latest results after polls close at 8 p.m.
- Ralph Hammond of The Rotary Foundation is today's guest speaker at the Rotary Club lunch. The Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the Sheraton Hotel and attendance is free to guests interested in more information on Rotary programs.
- The Needham girls' soccer team, fresh off a division-clinching weekend, heads to DeFazio to take on Marshfield.
- A free varicose vein screening is being held at Beth Israel Deaconess today from 4 to 7 p.m. Mark Wyers, MD, a board-certified vascular surgeon will examine varicose veins and spider veins. To make an appointment, please call 617-632-9959.
- Cici Hunt will lead kids through a series of exercises set to music at the Needham Library today at 11 a.m. Registration is required.