Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 13
The Selectmen meet tonight to discuss Special Town Meeting items, and a coalition works to prevent youth substance abuse.
1. Following last night's showers, the National Weather Service estimates a 70 percent chance of rain during the day, tapering off to a 30 percent chance in the evening. There is even a possibility of a thunderstorm. Temperatures should be between 53ºF and 31ºF.
2. Those interested or concerned about youth use and abuse of substances may want to join today's Needham Coalition for Youth Substance Abuse Prevention (NCYSAP) Meeting. It starts at 7:15 a.m., and whether you want to observe or get involved, you are welcome to stop by the Needham Free Public Library and check it out.
3. Whatever your goals are, there are people who want to help you reach them. This afternoon, Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership at Babson College presents She Did It/Boston - an event for women 50 and up. It kicks off at noon, and tickets are $65.
4. Are you Thinking Divorce? Think Mediation--at least, that's what the The Centre For Mediation and Dispute Resolution reccommends. They are offering a free seminar on divorce mediation and your finances which starts at 7 p.m. at 37 Walnut St in Wellesley Hills.
5. Those concerned about the outcome of special town warrant articles coming soon for discussion may want to check out tonight's Board of Selectmen Meeting, 7 p.m. at the Needham Town Hall, when they are taking up, among other things, that topic.