Five Things You Need to Know Today: November 12
Parenting and essays in Wellesley, rails and painting in Needham.
1. Sunny and fairly warm, strange as that sounds, is the weather the National Weather Service are calling for today. High of 69ºF and a low of 51ºF in the evening, along with a 50 percent chance of showers overnight.
2. For those unfamiliar with wax as a painting too, local artist Amalia Tagaris is running Encaustic Painting Workshops at her studio in Gorse Mill Studios. Starting at 10 a.m., for $75, you can learn more about the style with a beginner class or some time to explore the painting.
3. British essayist and author Geoff Dyer, the mind behind "Otherwise Known as the Human Condition" and a number of other works, is heading to Wellesley College this afternoon to talk about the book and his thoughts. It's free, and it's at 4:30 p.m.
4. Temple Beth Elohim Parenting Through a Jewish Lens tonight, which promises rich conversations on topics that matter. Interested in more? Head over at 7:30 p.m. to join in the 10 week program. Tuition is $145 per person; $240 per couple.
5. Tonight, those interested in the Needham Rail Trail can see speakers from Newburyport and Milford Senior Center at their meeting which happens to be tonight at 7:30 p.m. They meet at the Presbyterian Church in Needham to hear from Joe Hattrup, COO of Iron Horse Trail Co., Milford's Reno DeLuzio and Salisbury Selectman Jerry Klima.