Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 8
Sing-a-long at the library, party at the pool.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Cooler temps: After a few days of 80- to 90-degree weather, it will cool down somewhat today, with a high around 77 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a chance of rain showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon and again in the evening, with the rest of the day cloudy. Low will be around 66 degrees.
2. Get connected: Join Frank Arren’s lunchtime networking group every Friday from noon to 1:30 p.m. at The Congregational Church of Needham. Share job search experiences, hear about others’ experiences and become part of this growing support group.
3. Sing-a-long: Come sing along with children’s musician Ed Morgan at the Needham Free Public Library from 3:00-3:45 p.m. Children ages 3-5, accompanied by an adult, can enjoy singing, clapping and moving along to the music. No registration required.
4. Pool party: Every Friday night in July is Family Fun Night at Rosemary Pool, and today you can come celebrate Needham’s 300th birthday and Rosemary Pool’s 39th birthday with games, music and fun. Activities begin at 6:00 p.m. and are free to those with a season or daily pass. This year, Park and Recreation is asking people to bring a donation for the Needham Community Council Food Pantry to each Friday night event. Suggested donation this week is soup, pasta, rice or macaroni and cheese.
5. Pick a little, talk a little: If you missed any of this week’s Questions of the Day, be sure to add your thoughts. On Tuesday, we asked, “What was your favorite Fourth of July activity?” Wednesday, we queried, “What type of facility does Needham need?” And Thursday’s question asked readers to consider, “What can’t you go a day without?” Got a question you’d like to see asked? E-mail us your suggestions.