It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: Gillette Stadium, 1 Patriot Place, Foxborough; Saturday, Dec. 3, 6:00 p.m.
- Why go: Watch the Needham High School Rockets make history as they play their first Super Bowl game at Gillette Stadium, taking on the Boston College High School Eagles for the Division 1 title. Admission includes all-day parking and the opportunity to sit in on any of the Super Bowl games, which begin at 9:00 a.m. with the final match-up starting at 8:00 p.m.
- Pricing: $15 for adults, $12 for students, seniors and children at the gate
- Where/when: Needham Free Public Library, 1139 Highland Ave.; Saturday, Dec. 3, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Why go: Shop from a selection of children’s books, fiction and non-fiction books, CDs and videos and help the Friends of the Needham Library support the Needham Free Public Library.
- Pricing: Hardcover and trade paperbacks $1; mass market and children’s paperbacks 50 cents
3. Needham Holiday Art Sale
- Where/when: 15 Kingsbury St./ 71 Powers St./ 44 Briarwood Circle/ 384 Manning St./ 3 Brentwood Circle/ 14 Standish Rd./ 464 Hillside Ave., Suite 303/ Gorse Mill Studios, 31 Thorpe Rd.; Friday, Dec. 2, Saturday, Dec. 3 and Sunday Dec. 4, hours vary
- Why go: Artists and artisans who participate in Needham’s annual Open Studios will again open studios all over town for a special holiday sale featuring a variety of items such as custom wreaths and flower arrangements, jewelry, prints, stationary, photography, glass, pottery and more. Demonstrations of glass blowing, wheel-thrown pottery and chain-maille jewelry making will be going on at Gorse Mill Studios. See a list of locations, hours and items to be sold at www.needhamholidaysale.com.
- Pricing: Items individually priced; no admission fee
4. Christ Episcopal Church’s Holiday Gift Shop and Family Concert
- Where/when: Christ Episcopal Church, 1132 Highland Ave.; Sunday, Dec. 4, 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Why go: Sip hot chocolate while shopping for vintage and costume jewelry, pre-potted bulbs, themed gift baskets, hand-decorated fresh Christmas wreaths, handmade crafts and ornaments, home-baked treats, silent auction and raffle items. Find unique teacher, neighbor and hostess gifts and help your children select and buy special gifts for family members. Kids can enjoy free supervised activities while you shop. Then, stay for the 3:00 p.m. family concert will will include seasonal favorites, a sing-a-long and children’s stories.
- Pricing: Free admission; items and concessions for sale
- Where/when: Needham Historical Society, 1147 Central Ave.; Sunday, Dec. 4, 1:00-4:30 p.m.
- Why go: See local homes all decked out for the holiday season during this 14th annual tour that benefits community programs. The tour will begin at the Needham Historical Society and will include six beautifully decorated homes. New this year: Along the tour, see 10 holiday tables uniquely decorated by professionals.
- Pricing: $30 in advance; $35 at the Historical Society the day of the tour