Eight Arrested for OUI at Weekend Checkpoint
The Norfolk County sweep was conducted on Friday, July 13 at Quincy Shore Drive and Caddy Park.
Eight drivers were arrested for driving while intoxicated as the result of a Norfolk County sobriety checkpoint operated by Massachusetts State Police on Friday, July 13.
State troopers from H Troop, working with the Quincy Police Department, conducted a joint sobriety checkpoint on Quincy Shore Drive and Caddy Park in Quincy over the weekend.
At the Norfolk County checkpoint, Massachusetts State Police personnel arrested eight individuals for OUI alcohol or drugs, made one felony arrest and one additional misdemeanor arrest and issued three criminal summons and 40 civil MV citations, according to news release issued Tuesday by the State Police.
The State Police reported that the following individuals were arrested on Friday, July 13 at the Norfolk County checkpoint:
- Bryan Griffin, 28, of Dorchester, charged with OUI liquor, possession of and open container of alcohol and not having a license in his possession
- Joseph Doherty, 46, of West Roxbury, charged with OUI liquor, third offense
- Thomas A. Wise, 36, of Quincy, charged with OUI liquor
- Thomas J. Walker, 40, of Somerville, charged with OUI liquor, second offense
- Francis M. Cavino Jr., 39, of Bridgewater, charged with OUI liquor, second offense
In addition to the Norfolk County checkpoint, State Police from Troop C conducted a sobriety checkpoint at 571 North Shore Main St., Route 12 in Leominster on Saturday, July 14. State Police personnel arrested six people for OUI liquor or drugs, made two additional misdemeanor arrests and issued three criminal summons and 29 civil motor vehicle citations.